Tuesday, September 4, 2007

Are we there yet?


Are we there yet? Is it Friday yet?

Well, today was every bit as nightmarish as I expected it to be. While having a 3 day weekend was nice, The backlash from it at work hit with a vengeance today. All 3 phones had both lines ringing off the hook, the printer never stopped spewing out orders from the floors, and the whirlpool was double booked. Everyone was running around like chicken with their heads cut off. It seemed like for every step forward that I took, I took 3 backwards with everything I attempted to do. Then for added fun, I had to run to the dentist (an hour away from where I live) after work for a shade check (I'm having my teeth whitened.) One of my old fillings is falling out and needs to be replaced. Fun... Fun.. Fun! All while picking up donations for the auction that I am volunteering with.

While today was awful, it was made bearable by the knowledge that the weekend is coming back soon. And the upcoming one is going to be a fun one for me. I'm going on a shopping extravaganza. As I've mentioned in previous blogs, I've been on a diet for the last 8 months and am going on vacation next week. So, I need new clothes in a big way. I'm going to spend the weekend shopping and spending time with my little brother. He lives in the Detroit area. I've squirrelled away my tax return and any extra cash so the sky is the limit. With my new clothes, my freshly whitened teeth, my new thinner physique, and my freshly highlighted hair, ya'll won't recognize me.

Well gang, It's time for me to hit the showers and then go to bed. Tomorrow is going to be as busy as today was and I need to be prepared.

No comments: