Monday, September 24, 2007

It's the most wonderful time of the year!

It feels like its taken forever, but it's finally here. It's hockey season! My favorite team is the Detroit Red Wings. Then N.J. Devils, Toronto Maple Leafs, and finally the San Jose Sharks. Though I do have a favorite team, I'll watch any game that's on. How else am I going to have all the dirt on the referees.

You gotta love a 60 minute game that takes about 3 hours to play. There's the goals, the saves, and the fights. And, they're all on on ice! What's not to love.

I try to go to at least one game per season. But, I prefer to watch the games from home. (The line for the restroom is MUCH shorter.) I've sat in every kind of seat there is. The nosebleeds down to 2 rows from the ice. No matter where you sit, the atmosphere in the arena is electric. I've been to games in other cities and no matter where you go, people are excited about hockey.

It's interesting to go watch the team at training camp and then seeing the result of their hard work manifest on the ice. It makes the players seem like your friends even though they don't know you from Adam. You cheer with them, cry with them, and hate the refs with them. They become your"Boys."


I can't wait for October 3rd. Opening Day! Let the games begin! And always remember... It's ALWAYS the refs fault!

-Reffie

No comments: