Sunday, October 21, 2007

They say that waking up is hard to do...

“They say that waking up is hard to do
Now I know, I know that it's true
Don't say that this is the end
Instead of waking up I wish the dreams were starting up again..”

I am not by definition, a morning person. I am forced to be on due to having to start my work day at 6 AM. It takes 4 alarm clocks to drag my rear out of my bed each morning. I have each clock set a few minutes apart. That way if I turn one off, the power goes off in the middle of the night, or I set the alarm for pm instead of am, then I still have at least one back up. While that works great during the week when I have to get up on time, it sucks in a big way on the weekends when I can sleep in if I want to. My internal clock has been set up to get up at 5 am, no ifs, ands, or buts about it.

I don’t eat after 8 pm, but I do tend to consume a lot of fluids between 8 pm and when I go to bed around midnight. So, Nature kicks in and gives me what has been termed a Native American Indian Alarm Clock. The more fluids that you drink in the evening, the earlier that your kidneys wake you up the following morning.

Why am I rambling on about this you might wonder? Well, I went to bed at 2 am this morning after watching the Red Wings play the Phoenix Coyotes. (It was a great game despite the efforts of the Referees!) I thought to myself before I finally fell asleep, “Tomorrow is Sunday, you don’t have to wake up until at least noon.” But, do I sleep in at all… NO. 5 am rolls around and I have to get up to pee. There’s no going back to sleep for me after getting up. So, now I’m sitting here exhausted and in dire need of some caffeine. I tend to be somewhat of a Chatty Cathy first thing in the morning. Much to the chagrin of my co-workers, family, and friends.

So please forgive my random ramblings this morning. I’m going to trek over to Detroit to watch my mother get big check for the foundation she works for. It’s going to be one of those big cardboard ones that they hand out at golf tournaments. My older sister and younger brother also live over there, so I’m going to visit with them as well. I hope you all have a good day. I’ll see ya’ll later.

PS… In case you were wondering about the Magical Trevor song that was stuck in my head in my last blog. You can find it at http://www.weebls-stuff.com/toons/magical+trevor/ They have a series of Trevor songs. My older brother linked it to me one time and I got hooked. Oh, crap… Now its stuck in my head again…

No comments: