Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Lists lists and more lists...


I am by nature a very routine person. Each day starts out with a "To Do" list. And if something happens to disrupt that routine, the whole day is shot. Sometimes I wonder if I have a light case of obsessive compulsive disorder.

Today was one of those days. I started off on the wrong foot because I slept through 3 of my 4 alarms. Then I rushed around trying to get ready for work and get the stuff I needed done before work done. I was only 2 minutes late badging in.

My normal routine in the morning is to get the orders off the printer from the night before. Get them separated by department and scheduled in the computer. (Which was made all the more fun beacuse the printer had run out of paper over night and had multiple orders stored up.) Next I have to check to see if the patients have changed rooms or been discharged. Then I have to get the phone messages off of the 6 phone lines, print out everyones schedules and distribute them. Answering the afore mentioned phones is another large part of the morning. And finally, I go pick up the stats and dictation and distribute them to the 5 offices we have here in town. So, I was no where near ready when another of my co-workers showed up an hour early. Then another co-worker called in sick. So along with everything else I was doing, I had to call and cancel all of her appointments from 7 am to 5:30 pm.

I'm happy to announce that I survived the morning. It was touch and go for a while there, but the world didn't end. Now it's lunch time. I can go eat my chili and rice krispy treat and enjoy my book for an hour. Except that due to the remodeling they are doing to the lobby, there is no place for me to sit and read. Ok, I can handle this... I managed to acquire a chair and sat in the midst of the construction. It would make quite a comical picture I suppose. Me sitting there in the middle of scaffolding and construction workers.

2:30 finally rolled around and I was able to get home without any major catastrophes. I'm going to check my emails (Still dealing with the whole Norton crap,) exercise, watch the Wings game, and continue to cross things off the to do list. I'm going on vacation after work, so hopefully tomorrow goes really fast. I've even got to do lists for while I'm on vacation.

Now, I must get back to my regularly scheduled programing. Now where did I put that list again?

No comments: