Tuesday, January 29, 2008

There's a cold front coming from the north.


In an effort to tame my new hairstyle, I slept with pink sponge rollers in my hair last night. Everyone said the result was "really cute", but I still felt like I looked like the local weather girl. Oddly enough, the tangled mass behaved itself and actually held the curl all day. (With the help of half a bottle of hairspray of course.)

Other than looking like a weather girl, I felt pretty good today. I wore a new black shirt, black slacks, and a cute black sweater with rose buds embroidered on it. Work went reasonably well. I finished my book. I was even able to squeeze in a nap this afternoon. All in all a good day.

I spent the weekend helping to take care of my nieces. 2 year old Leah and 2 month old Susanna. Leah is talking more an more. Her newest saying is "How 'bout.. ummmm... Red" whenever you give her anything that comes in colors. (Food, toys, etc...) I'm so proud of her because she's now asking to go potty. A big step in a 2 year olds life. Susie is growing leaps and bounds mentally and physically. She's just beginning to smile. Early Sunday morning we had a "sleep over." Susie woke up at 4:30 AM and she woke up Leah with her crying. Of course Leah had to get up with us. So by 5:00, I ended up holding Susie while giving her a bottle and having Leah snuggle up by my feet. By 6:30 we were all back asleep on the couch.


This work week is going to be a rather blah week. But, this coming weekend (Saturday) we're going to be celebrating my Grandma's 86th birthday. The following day is my younger brother's birthday. So, I get to spend the upcoming weekend partying! It doesn't get much better than that.

Well, I have to go exercise and then try to get to bed early. The weather is supposed to be bad tomorrow and I want to get to work early because I know the cancellation calls will be coming in fast and furious. I hope you all have a good day.

No comments: