Thursday, April 17, 2008

RIP...AHHHHHHH! I'm so stupid!

Have you ever done something very stupid? Something that you know you're gonna regret for a long time later, but yet you still do it? I did something like that yesterday.

Yesterday I went to the Salute to Working Women. They had food, music, makeovers, massages, and all sorts of fun stuff like that. (Mom won a night's stay at a local hotel.) One of the things that they offered was eyebrow waxing. I thought... what the heck, I'll get that done. (the lines for the massages were too long, I'll be there all night.)

I asked the lady doing it if it was ok for people with really sensitive skin. She said yes, so into the chair I went. I've had my eyebrows waxed once before. It hurt like heck and left me with red swollen welts for weeks afterwards. So why did I decide to do it again, you ask. I really don't have a good answer. Call it a fit of insanity. Or stupidity, whatever works for you.

The wax felt good at first. Warm and relaxing. Then the lady smoothed the strip over the wax. And then, RIIIIIIIIIP! OMG, the pain....the agony! I seriously was in tears and that was only after the first eyebrow. I still had between the eyes and the other eyebrow left to go. (Insert I AM SO STUPID here!) After giving me a second to catch my breath that had been ripped from my body with the first eyebrow strip, the lady proceeded to finish the torture, I mean treatment. RIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIP! RIIIIIIIIIIIIIP! And then it was finished, all in less than 5 minutes. In case you're wondering, yes I have red and puffy welts again. They eyebrows look great though.

I swear that we could end terrorism as we know it if we started waxing the terrorists that we catch. And its legal all over the world. Start small and work slowly towards the more "sensitive" areas of the body. Not trying to be stereotypical, but most of the terrorists have an abundance of body/facial hair and the questioning could go on for hours if needed. I'm sure we'd have Bin Laden's whereabouts after the first eyebrow. (Tell us where the bastard is, or we do a Brazilian wax....RIIIIIIIIIIIIP!)

Well gang, I'm off to ice my puffy eyes for the night. I exercised earlier tonight, so I can relax for the rest of the evening. I hope that you all have a good rest of the evening.

No comments: