Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Little Bitty Pretty One...

Have you ever had a song stuck in your head. And while you're humming along in your head, you can't remember the name of the dang song to save your life. Well, it took years, but I finally found the song that's been stuck in my head. It's originally done by Bobby Day (then made famous by Thurston Harris in 1957) and it's called Little Bitty Pretty One. It's not been the whole song that's been haunting me. Just the beginning and the chorus. Tonight I found it. I was able to listen to the entire song and maybe that will exercise the song from my subconscious. You can listen to it by clicking on the link below.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hb7nrilGYns

The Wings are up 2-0 in the Stanley Cup Finals. They have shut out the Penguins in both games. Basically schooling the pens on how to play Hockey. I do find it hysterical that the pens response is to say that the Wings are divers and that there is a lot of obstruction going on. Would you like a little cheese to go with that Whine? I'm all for blaming the refs, but come on. Even Helen Keller could see that the Pens aren't showing up for this series. 2 entire games with no goals, you gotta do better than that. The whining, the cheep shots to the head of a guy coming off of a concussion, and then gooning it up at the end of the game just makes you look pathetic and desperate. And that's not my opinion. That's the opinion of the majority of the media and the sports world in general.

Work has been a ton of fun lately. (Insert sarcasm here.) I'm not sure which rock the people I've been dealing with crawled out from under, but I wish they'd crawl back under it. We've had people showing up 5 hours early for an appointment and then be mad that we can't work them in. Secretaries from other offices cancelling all of some of our patients appointments. And, even some of the therapists have gotten in on the action by taking off large quantities of time in the middle of the day. Not normally a problem, but it's the "Oh, I'm taking 9-2:30 off tomorrow." (Their scheduled from 7:30-4) and the "I'll be in at 10:30 tomorrow." (Their start time is at 7 AM) that's been killing us. And guess who gets to call all their patients and reschedule? That's right, Me! The patient's have been less than thrilled.

I had a good long weekend though. I'm learning how to golf. And, I found out that I don't suck, I'm just left handed. I got myself a really nice set of lefty clubs at a garage sale for $40. Now I just have to practice, practice, practice. And who know's maybe next year I'll be good enough to actually golf on the course with real people.

Well gang, I'm off to go exercise and then try to get to bed before 1:30 am. Have a good day tomorrow.


No comments: