Friday, January 16, 2009

On top of the world!

One of my favorite things in the whole wide world is spending time with my nieces. Watching them learn new things, discover the world around them, and seeing the joy that only little children can experience. I can't wait to watch the girls grow up.

This week I took a couple days off to help my mom after her surgery and also to babysit Leah. The 3 of us piled into Grammy's (my mom) behemoth Town Car and went to Grammy's physical therapy appointment. My Dad happens to work in the same building, so we visited with him for a little while. After that we headed to the library. And finally to MacDonald's.


Leah loves to go to MacDonald's because they have the play space with the big climbing toy. She loves to play with all the kids. But, she has always been afraid to climb up with out someone helping her. But, that all changed yesterday.


Let me just tell you, those things weren't designed for comfort on adults knees. I've got huge bruises from climbing through the play space. But, back to the story. I being an old fogie needed a rest and Leah was tired of waiting for me. After a quick lesson on how to push up with her arms and swing her leg (knee) up to the next step, Leah was off. She was so proud of herself and her new skill that she kept climbing for hours and hours. Up the steps, down the slide, and repeat! I was so proud for her!


Here are a few pictures so you can see our little caterpillar become a butterfly:



No comments: