Tuesday, March 24, 2009

So Far So Good!

That knocking sound you're hearing is me knocking on wood after saying "So far so good!"

I know it's only Tuesday; That there's still 3 more days for things to go horrifically wrong in this work week. But at least up to this point, it's been a good week. I didn't walk into a huge mess Monday morning. No one called in sick. And I got the stats and charges done before the 8 AM meeting this morning. (I could have done without going to the meeting, but it was one of those mandatory ones.)

I got a call this morning from one of my co-workers who wasn't in the office yet. She had just turned on the radio in time to hear My name announced as the winner of a "Tim Horton's Office Invasion." So, this Friday, that radio station will be delivering Tim Horton's for 10 to my office. I barely remember entering that contest so it's hysterical that I ended up being the winner for this month. The only problem is that there are 20 people scheduled to work that day and they're bringing enough for 10. (That was the limit that had on the contest.)

After much moaning and gnashing of teeth. We decided that the fair way to do the special lunch was to do it pot luck style. That way we can divvy up the stuff from Tim Horton's and add the pot luck stuff and everyone can participate. I felt bad picking names out of a hat for the other 9 people. Everyone usually eats lunch together, so what were the remaining 10 people supposed to do? Sit there and watch the ones who were picked eat? That just bothered me.

Tomorrow there is another mandatory meeting that's going to give me a 10 1/2 hour work day. They are overhauling the way we do charging, and Josie and I have to go to a 4 hour training session. BAH! But, overtime is overtime. A little extra $ never hurts.

Thursday I have a dentist appointment. Which means that I'll be spending extra time brushing and flossing until then. It's not that I don't take care of my teeth, but I don't really want to give the hygienist any reason to scrape anymore than she has to.

Then Friday is the big day. The radio station's morning crew will deliver the Tim Horton's and we'll have a big party. Then it will be time for the weekend!

Saturday my family and I are getting together to celebrate my dad's 60th birthday. And I don't have anything planned at all for Sunday. A day of doing any and everything I want to do and not having to do anything I don't want.

Here's hoping that next week will be as good as this week.

No comments: