Friday, October 19, 2007

Have you ever had a song stuck in your head? A melody that keeps tormenting you at odd times during the day? Today was one such day for me. And it's been years since I even heard the song.

"Everyone loves Magical Trevor 'Cause the tricks that he does are ever so clever Look at him now, disappearin' the cow Where is the cow heading right now? "

That's the song that I've been humming today. Believe me, you get funny looks when you catch yourself singing "What did he see in the parallel dimension? He saw beans, lots of beans, lots of beans, lots of beans. Oh, beans lots of beans lots of beans lots of beans. Yeah, yeah!" at your desk at work. At least this one is better than Oats, peas, beans and barley grows, The wheels on the bus, or the Elmo's world song. (Can you tell I have a toddler in my life?)

Today was a blah day. Maybe that's why my mind is trying to entertain itself with musical medleys. I had to go sit through a retirement benefit meeting at work. I left it before they finished because it was mind numbingly boring and they had provided all the info into a handy packet for us to read. Complete with phone numbers if we have any questions. And, after and hour and a half, they had only gotten to page 6 of the 11 page document. We've had 2 days of rain, so you can't really do anything interesting out side. There's not even anything good on TV tonight.

I decided to do absolutely nothing this weekend. The last couple weekends have been spent either in the car for multiple hours, babysitting my 2 year old niece, or a combination of the two. I'm going to curl up with a book or 3, take long bubble baths, and take long naps. The weather isn't going to get much better, so its a prefect time for an "Ugly day!" Ugly days are days when I get up late, run a brush over my teeth and through my hair and call it good. No make up, the most comfortable clothes I can find (which are not required to match) and then veg out. I might work on my co-workers baby's auction a little, but other than that and a Wings game tomorrow.. that's about it.

I'm stalling about exercising tonight. I stayed up way way to late last night watching the Wings play the San Jose Sharks. (They won 4-2 complete with a fight in the third period.) But, It must be done... No rest for the weary. I'll get my aerobics in for the night and then crash. You all have a good weekend. Cya later.

No comments: