Wednesday, October 17, 2007

What to wear or what not to wear... That is the question!

What to be or what not to be, that is the question. It’s almost time for Halloween and I still need to pick out a costume for the festivities. The best idea that I’ve come up with so far is to wear black underwear with fishnet stockings and boots and go as Britney Spears from the 2007 VMA Awards show. But as it’s October in Michigan and the weather is unpredictable and at least some of the parties I’m invited to are outdoors, I’m more than likely going to want something warmer.

I went to the local costume shop and was disappointed in their selection. It ranged from the classic witch to the sexy bimbo collection. While I’ve lost weight this year, I’m not ready in my own mind for one of the belly baring mini skirted outfits quite yet. The Britney costume listed above shockingly provides more coverage then some of the outfits I found there. Plus, I'm klutzy enough that I'd probably kill myself with those 6 inch spiked heels! And the classics witch is so so so boring.

I’ve looked online and found some interesting ideas. It just comes down to picking out and getting it ready in the next week or so. Here are some of my favorites so far:

Cheap Date - Dress like a date (wear a black trash bag with holes cut for arms and legs). Attach a large price tag, with $1 crossed out and changed to 50 cents, and that crossed out and changed to 25 cents.

Chip-monk - Dress in a monk's robe, rope belt, etc., then hot-glue (empty) potato chip and/or tortilla chip bags all over.

Blind Date - Take a day of the week calendar and tape the days all over your body. Throw on a pair of sunglasses and get a cane and you're all set to go.

Dust Bunny - Wear a dirty old white bunny costume and carry a feather duster, or "dust buster" vacuum.

Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade Balloon - Get an appropriate costume, such as Bullwinkle or Snoopy. Attach long strings all around and then attach tiny plastic clowns at the end of each string. Then walk in slow motion humped over with the clowns just dragging the floor.

Ceiling Fan - Write "Go Ceilings!" on the front of your shirt, carry a foam finger and don’t forget to cheer.

What are you all going to go as for Halloween parties? I might borrow some of ya’lls ideas. I’m sure that there will be at least one costume contest at one of the parties. In the past I’ve dressed up as a bag of trash, a referee (which is both evil and scary,) and the year before last I dressed up in a clown outfit and wore a Hello, my name is Garry Bettman name sticker. I was sick last Halloween, so I stayed home and passed out candy to the 3 or so trick or treaters that came over.

Have a safe and fun Halloween everyone!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Alvin from Alvin & Chipmunks = best costume evar!

Anonymous said...

How about going as the Pin-ball Wizard, who also was a juror in the OJ Simpson trial?

Anonymous said...

You could dress up as our tax and spend Governor and just keep waving goodbye to all the jobs, businesses, workers, and factories moving out of state.

Anonymous said...

Could you find an Ellen DeGeneres outfit and give dogs away on the street? Crying is optional.

Hilary said...

I'm trying to figure out how to make a Scamper costume for Leah...

I personally like the blind date idea best. :-)

Refhater said...

These suggestions are great! Thanks everyone!