Monday, October 29, 2007

Not Bad for a Monday!



Well for a Monday, this one wasn't half bad. I had stayed up way to late last night watching the Wings play Vancouver. Those 10:30 pm games are killer when you have to get up at 5:00 am. And, though it pains me to say this, the refs did a decent job too. I rolled into work late and expecting the worst.

But, much to my surprise. No one had called in sick, the order printer didn't get shut off, and the radio came in nearly static free for most of the day! We got a good report on little Jacob. My co-workers baby that we are doing the benefit for this coming Saturday. Jacob has made it up to just over 16 lbs. (see picture above.) He's cutting 2 teeth and turning into a little stinker. He's still fighting a lung infection and they had to cancel his stomach surgery because of it. The doc's even cleared him to spend an hour at his benefit this Saturday. Normally, he can't be out in public often due to his little or no immune sytstem.

As for the benefit, we've sold about 190 tickets and have a little over $1,000 for him in ticket sales and donations. We hope to raise more with the bake sale and silent auction. The silent auction has a list of about 72 items ranging from free coffee at Mcdonalds to the Autographed Red Wing hat/puck that I got signed at the Wings training camp this last September. (Thanks to my family and everyone who donated items!) The local media is starting to report on the auction now, so maybe that will help with the tickets sales. The Midland Daily News Newspaper will have an article in tomorrow's paper if you want to check it out. Just go to www.ourmidland.com and look in the health section.

After putting in 8+ hours at work, I came home and checked my emails. I had entered a contest on an authors website and won a autographed copy of her book. I even had time to sneak in a quick nap this afternoon. Monday's don't get much better than this. The only way it could get any better is if Ed McMahon showed up on my door saying I'd won the sweepstakes for a Million $'s.

Hope you all had a somewhat decent day as well. Here's hoping tomorrow goes as well as today.

Reffie

No comments: