Tuesday, November 20, 2007

It's a Girl!

It's official! Pink cigars for everyone!

My niece Susanna will be born with in the next 24 hours. Possibly as early as tonight. Hilary went to the Dr today and was told that all systems were go. Baby launch is imminent. Houston, we're having a baby.

It's funny really, we've been preparing for Susanna to be born for months now. But now that it's happening, we're all running around like chickens with our heads cut off. Mom had to go track down my brother Bill who was out in the woods trying to squeak in a few more days of hunting. His cell phone doesn't work up here. He left straight from the property, not even taking time to remove his blaze orange suit. Mom went back to her house and packed up his stuff and an over night bag for herself and is following Bill down to take care of my other nice Leah. Dad's still at work. (He's swamped from taking 2 days off last week.) I'm here playing command central trying to keep everyone in the loop. I've got my bags packed, the car loaded and am ready to go at the drop of a hat.

Susanna is obviously related to the rest of the women in my family. We're stubborn as heck and do everything when and how we want it. Never when its convenient for everyone else. All of the Thanksgiving plans are all up in the air. Are we going to be at mom's house in Mt. Pleasant, in the hospital in Grand Rapids, or in some restaurant somewhere in the middle? Who knows? We'll go with the flow and take things as they come.

Welcome to the world Susanna Joelle! I'm looking forward to meeting and spoiling you rotten. All my love, always and forever!

No comments: