Wednesday, March 26, 2008

BAH!!



Guess what gang.... I have pink eye!


Isn't that just so special?


For the last 2 days its felt like I had something stuck in my eye. This morning I awoke to a burning sensation, tears galore, and a bloodshot eye. The large blurry spot affecting my visual field was what had my family Dr. sending me to the ER. So an hour and $100 later, I'm sent home from work with a diagnosis of conjunctivitis. And, I can't go back to work for 24 hours after starting the antibiotic drops. Which virtually means that I'll miss 2 days of work since I started the drops at 11 this morning. (I get out work at 2:30, so going in at 11 pretty much kills most of the day.)

Then I've been having continuing problems with my Internet service. (Charter) So, I spent a good chunk of my now free afternoon dealing with that. Isn't it funny that it always works while you've got the service person on the phone, but right after hanging up with them it goes on the fritz again? (I'm rolling my pink eyes!) I finally gave up and took a nap. It's now 11:21 and its still not working right.

Today wasn't a total loss. My sister came to my rescue and stood in line to get me some wine bottles for my wine collection. These are special bottles because they are signed by 2 of my favorite all time Red Wings, Gordie Howe and Ted Lindsay. I couldn't go because I couldn't get out of work, and when I did get out of work it was because I had contagious pink eye. So I owe a big favor and THANK YOU to my sister Ainz!

I'm off to exercise and put the drops in my eye yet again. See ya next time.

No comments: