Monday, August 20, 2007

The Food Network!

Ever notice how when you're on a diet, there seems to be more food natured commercials on the radio and tv. I guess we just notice the ones that are already out there more because we're starving.

As I've written before, I've been on a diet since January 1st. (Lost 36 lbs, so far.) And ever since then, I've become hooked on the food network tv channel. Iron Chef and Ace of Cakes are my favorites. While Paula Deen I could live without. She's a great lady, just not my cup of tea. Unwrapped is also alot of fun. It's interesting to see the how our favorite foods are produced.

Usually, I don't watch much tv. Just hockey and an occasional show here and there. Preferring to read over just watching tv. (Averaging about a book and a half a day.) But lately, I can't seem to get enough of the food network. I'll flip it on intending to watch for a few minutes while folding laundry or something like that and the next thing you know it, 2 hours have past. Not the best use of my time in any stretch, but I now know how to grill fruit kabobs, make my own mayo, and how cheese curls are made. The irony is that I can't eat 90% of what I see on that show. I have multiple food allergies. (I'll write more about that in a later blog.)


Well gang, it's almost 11:00 PM and time for Alton Brown's Good Eats . (It's Fruit Compote night!) See you tomorrow!

No comments: