Saturday, August 25, 2007

Shut up and exercise!

You all know that I'm on a diet. And with said diet I am exercising every day. I started out doing 10 sit ups a day and built myself up to walking at least a mile a day. I'm proud to say that I've lost 36 lbs since January. And, I hope to lose a total of 60 lbs by the end of the year.

I started collecting exercise videos when I got bored with the sit ups, crunches, squats, & leg lifts. I tried them all. The Richard Simmons, the "of Steel" (Arms & Abs/legs/buns/ etc,) Tony Little, and the Walk away the lbs. Hated the Tony Little ones, was annoyed by the Richard Simmons, not coordinated enough to do the "of Steel" ones, and liked the Walked away the lbs ones. So every night before bed I pop in a tape and get walking.

I made some observations while watching all these tapes. 1. I don't think that the exercise leader ever sweats. They can exercise for an hour and are as dry as a bone. 2. Everyone on those tapes smiles through the whole thing. I'd never be able to make it on an exercise video. I'd be to busy huffing, puffing, and grumbling under my breath at the leader. (Shut up and exercise, you moron!) 3. Every video has some sort of gimmick. It can be anything from hand weights, exercise balls, oldies music, to a special jump rope. Heck, with the amount of $ we'd spend on all that, we could have had the bariatric surgery 3 times. And where does it all end up? Being sold at a garage sale for a quarter.

Well gang.. I did 3 miles tonight and it's time for me to hit the showers. See ya'll next time and remember "The more you sit, the more you want to sit. The more you move, the more you want to move" as Walk away the lbs Leslie Sansone says.

No comments: