Friday, August 24, 2007

Lucky.....


I always enter every contest that I run across. The prize could be anything from a piece of candy to a trip, but it really doesn't matter. I don't ever plan on winning, but figure that it couldn't hurt to enter. I figure that the worst that can happen is that I don't win and I wasted 5 minutes of my time filling out the entry blank and the best being I win something.

Most times I don't win. But, sometimes I get lucky and they draw my name out of the box. I've won $200.00 shopping sprees, tickets to baseball and hockey games, a car care kit worth $200.00, an attache case, and the coup de grĂ¢ce being the time I won an all inclusive trip for 4 to Club Med in Sandpiper, Florida. (Valued at around $4,000.00.)

I won the Club Med trip from the Coca Cola company. They were having a "At Work Summer of Fun Promotion." Every time you purchased a 20 oz. Coke product, you were given an entry blank. All you had to do was fill out the entry blank and then drop it in the little box. At that time, I was drinking up to 3-4, 20 oz bottles per day. (I've cut back to 2 a day now.) I received a call at work one day saying that I had won the grand prize in the contest that took place in Kentucky, Indiana, Ohio, and Michigan.

The trip included round trip airfare, hotel accommodations, and all the food and drinks we wanted for 5 days and 4 nights. I asked my mom, older sister, and aunt to go along with me. (A girls week for all of us.) While there, we had gourmet food at every meal, got massages, went to shows, hung out at the bar, and lounged by the 5 different pools.

So, take the time to fill out the entry blanks when you get the opportunity. You can't win if you don't enter. And who knows, you just might win something!


No comments: