Monday, September 10, 2007

Gatorade, Slimfast, and mashed potatoes


I'm still sick today. Still have the stomach cramps, nausea, chills, and now a headache from low blood sugar. The very thought of food has me running to the restroom. Even liquids aren't being tolerated well anymore.

I'm forcing myself to at least drink some Gatorade or Pedialyte along with some Slimfast. I can't let myself get too dehydrated or I'll end up in the ER. If there's one thing I hate more than referees it's needles. And guess what they'd use in the ER. I did manage to eat a little mashed potatoes today. (I wanted a little diversity.) Which was a big mistake, too much too soon. And I also took the afternoon off of work to rest up. There isn't anyone to cover for me if I'm not at work, so I had to go in for at least the morning to get stuff started for the other admin. assistant so she wouldn't get dumped on on a Monday morning. (She'd do the same for me if she was sick.)

Lessons learned from the last few days. The fruit punch gatorade is the best tasting of all the flavors. 2 ply TP is the way to go. Tums are less chalky than rolaids. And there is absolutly nothing on TV during the middle of the day.

I did get some good news today, so that made me happy. I got a call from a pregnant friend who was in danger of miscarrying. She went for an ultrasound today and they were able to see the baby's heartbeat for the first time. The Dr. told her it was a nice strong heartbeat as well. She has to stay on bed rest, but at least the baby is ok for now. And, my friend who has breast cancer is doing better too. I'll get to see her this coming weekend. I'm going on my vacation if it kills me.

Well gang, It's back to the bathroom and to bed for me. I'll talk at yall later.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Refhater,
I was surprised to see my photo of mashed potatoes with no indications of where you got it from. I take all the photos myself. On my web site www.startcooking.com I did a blog post on How to make Mashed Potatoes http://startcooking.com/blog/54/Mashed-Potatoes
Hope you feel better.
Kathy Maister