Sunday, September 9, 2007

Rest in Peace and pass the T.P.



I'm not dead yet! Though yesterday I wished I was a couple times. Yesterday was supposed to be my big shopping extravaganza. The day I got a whole new wardrobe to celebrate my new figure thanks to all the weight I've lost. But unfortunately, My body decided to have the last laugh at my expense. "No Shopping for you!," was the response that my body gave me early in the morning.

Jon and I got up at 8:30 (ish) and got ready to go out for the day. Jon studied fashion to get his public relations degree, so he was going to help me pick out the latest greatest fashions. ( And keep me from getting lost while driving around in Detroit.) We decided to make a quick stop at Meijers to pick up some healthy breakfast items that we could eat on the road. (We got South Beach bars and yogurt smoothies.) And that's were all the "Fun" began.

Before we were even out of the store, I had to make a dash to the rest room. My stomach was percolating like a coffee maker, I was nauseous, had severe stomach cramps, cold sweats, and felt light headed. We headed back to his apartment to grab some of prevacid and let it work for a little bit. Lets just say that I got well acquainted with his bathroom. To put it delicately, I was running out of both ends. My sweet little brother did his best to take care of me. He brought me my toothbrush and cold wash cloths. He kept offering to take me to the ER.

I've had similar episodes in the past, though none were quite this severe. Eventually all those symptoms will go away and life can resume as normal. So, I forced myself to get up and moving. This was my dieting reward day and I had been looking forward to it for months. I wasn't going to let some "illness" take that away from me. I'd come to regret this decision many time later that day.

We went to the mall first. Where I got 3 shirts. I had to sit curled in the fetal position in the dressing room several times due to the stomach cramps. We tried to go to Macy's but the cramps just got worse, so after freaking out the store employees and some customers we left there. By the way, the mall has very nice restrooms. Very clean. Jon thought that I might feel better if I tried to eat something, so we went to Red Robin for some lunch. (Breakfast and all of the previous weeks food were lost that morning.) Jon got a wrap that looked incredibly good and I got the only thing that sounded remotely like it wouldn't kill me. A fried egg and a vanilla milk shake. (I did snitch one of his fries.) Red Robin's restrooms are also nice.

Then we stopped at Old Navy and TJ Maxs. 7 trips to the restroom between them. Stores really need to get better toilet paper. I got 5 more shirts and felt like dieing. It's quite the experience to try on clothes when you have the runs... let me just tell you. I wasn't going to give up on the shopping, even if it killed me. We decided to go to Target. You can get good deals on clothes, they also sell, Gatorade, anti nausea meds and Imodium. I got 7 more tops, a pair of sweats, and a dress between trips to the restroom. After that, I gave up. I couldn't make myself go on shopping anymore. So, we went back to Jon's apartment so I could rest. Then I drove home sipping Gatorade and munching on Tums.

I don't know what caused me to be so sick. It could have been food poisoning from the night before (though Jon ate the same thing and didn't get sick,) some virus, or the Celiac Disease that I have. My doctor says we may never know for sure. (I called him from the road to ask if I should go to the ER or what I should do.) I'm still having the stomach cramps, the dizziness, and the cold sweats today, so whatever it is, its hanging on. I wanted to loose more weight, but this wasn't the way I envisioned doing it.

I'm so disappointed that my reward day turned out to be a nightmare. I still have 3 more days before I go on vacation to go shopping if I want to, but it won't be the same. Hopefully tomorrow will be a better day. And hopefully the stores around here will have some good sales. Here's hoping that I can eat solid food again in th near future. Talk at ya'll later. It's time for some more meds and a nap.




1 comment:

Hilary said...

I'm so sorry your shopping extravaganza turned out to be a nightmare... I hope you feel better before training camp!

Maybe this will cheer you up... whenever we go potty at home Leah runs into the bathroom to help flush the toilet. She watches it go down and says "Bye POOP!" Mind you, there is no poop, but it's really funny when she says it. :-)

Here's hoping you are saying "Bye POOP!" too!!!

Hilary