Thursday, October 4, 2007

I'm not stupid! I'm just a blonde!



I am so so so frustrated. Lately for some odd reason, whenever I set something down I lose it. My address book, an important paper, my sunglasses, oh and the TV remote. I swear I just had all of those items and my apartment isn't that big. Now where did they all go? Who knows?

I finally had time to pick up my apartment Wednesday evening. No previous commitments or things that just had to be done. So, I turned on the Wings game (with the remote) and set to work. As my schedule has been abnormally busy the last 2 weeks, just picking up was going to be a major undertaking. Lately I had come in late, thrown whatever was in my hands down, did my exercise, showered and collapsed into a coma for 4 hours before the alarms (I have 4, but that's another story) wake me up to start running again.

By the middle of the second period of the hockey game, I had made a good size dent into the chaos. The books were stacked, the papers sorted, the mail gone through. So after the 2nd period draws to a close, (Wings down 1-2 at this point) I decide to take a quick break and flip the channel over to the weather station to see what I should wear for the following day. Normally, I keep my remotes (TV, stereo, DVD player, etc...) on the edge of the coffee table. Only this time, the TV remote is gone.

Where did the stupid thing go? I had it in my hand a second ago. So, I abandoned my cleaning endeavor. (It's not like the stuffs going anywhere) I searched and searched, but still cant find the remote. I looked under the couch, in the kitchen, in my room, and even the bathroom. I moved the entertainment center and dumped out the bag of trash, but it wasn't there. I even went as far to check the dishwasher as maybe just maybe I dropped it in there while loading and running the unit. (In case you were wondering, the Wings had tied up the game in the 3rd period and had won the game in a shoot out.)

So now, it's a day later and I still cant find the dang thing. It will turn up weeks from now and I'll groan and tell myself how stupid I was for putting it there. (Wherever there is.) But, for now I'll just be frustrated and grumble each time I have to get up to change the channel. It's a good thing that I don't watch too much TV on a whole.

I'm really not stupid. My IQ was measured at 140. Which is why I think I'm so frustrated. I should have placed the remote back in its designated spot and I wouldn't have this problem. But I've come to the conclusion that really smart people do really dumb things sometimes. Such as losing the remote, or scrubbing the pine pitch off the Lincoln with a steel wool scrubber. (I didn't do the Lincoln one, my Dr. did.) We're all human and therefore make mistakes. And as a blonde, I make my fair share of them.

Hopefully I'll find the remote soon. Talk at y'all later, but till then I'll be searching for it and my sanity.

No comments: