Friday, August 10, 2007

Dinner and a movie


Well gang, we made it to Friday! Time to put away the stresses of the work week and enjoy some rest and relaxation. I hiked myself over to mom and dad's for the weekend. (Time to do laundry again...) We decided to go out for dinner and a movie to celebrate the accomplishment of surviving the week.(And what a week it was!)

Our movie choice was between The Bourne Ultimatum & Rush Hour 3. After much debating, we decided on Rush Hour 3, the comedy. Being our traditional selves, we arrived at the theatre a good 45 minutes before movie started. Loaded up with our popcorn, candy, and diet cokes, we settled in and eagerly anticipated our movie. As many of you know, the theatre shows upcoming movie trailers and the traditional "Dont talk" and "turn your cell phones off." blurbs. Our local theater also plays commercials for local buisnesses. As this is a smaller town, it is to be expected that some of the commercials would be repeated. What I didn't expect was the same commercial (For the AT&T phone book) to be repeated a total of 8 times. Watching to see how many times the commercial would be played ended up being better than the movie itself. Not that the movie wasn't entertaining. If you had seen Rush Hour 1 or 2, you've basically seen Rush Hour 3. It provided exactly what we had wanted.. Mindless entertainment. You have the love story mixed in with the action and intrigue. With a few funny parts tossed in here and there. My favorite part was the blooper clips they played during the credits.

After the movie it was time for dinner. It was dad's turn to pick the restaurant, and he selected Lone Star Steakhouse. I haven't been to that particular establishment for several years after a bad experience. Now, I remember why I had been boycotting it. As the song says.... 2nd verse; same as the first. The service was iffy, the food questionable (Mom's steak was over 1/2 fat,) , and it took FOREVER to get anything. Mom and dad say that its not always like that there, but both my experiences have left a lot to be desired. Maybe it's me.. Maybe I'm a jinx at restaurants.

Well gang, that's it for tonight. I'm tired, still have to exercise, and want to play with my new toy (the new camera.) Hope you are all happy and well.

No comments: