Wednesday, August 8, 2007

Oh the drama...


"Like sands through the hourglass... so are the days of our lives."
Did you ever notice how much your job is like a soap opera? There are the good guys, the criminals, the sluts, the one with a strange incurable illness, & plot twists galore. There's even the character that is "killed off"and then comes back to life miraculously, being played by a different actor.


As I had previously mentioned I work in the rehab department at the local hospital. As a whole, the staff interacts fairly well with each other, the patients, and the rest of the hospital. There are days however, when we put even the young and the restless to shame. Today was one such day. Today we had the feud between 1 person and the entire rest of the staff. The call from our co-worker with a very sick baby. The co-worker who quit, but still works weekends for us. One of the nurses told us to go ahead and treat the patient who's had a nose bleed, And said "Just don't hit her in the face." Even the patients were in rare form today. It's been like we're trapped in a parallel universe where its a full moon everyday.


I'm extremely greatful that I have this job even with all the drama. I have the perfect hours (6 AM -2:30 PM,) weekends off, a great benefits package, and a boss who is flexible with time off. With today's job market being what it is... Alot of people would kill to have the job that I take for granted. And, it always could be worse.. I don't have to wear some outlandish costume, square dance on a bar, or cheer when someone rings a bell saying they left me a quarter for a tip.


Well gang, that's all for tonight. I have to exercise, pick up my apartment, and get ready for the next episode tomorrow.

No comments: