Tuesday, August 7, 2007

You don't have to be perfect to be beautiful!

Day 219, only 146 to go...


(on my diet)


I've never been what one might call "Skinny." But, I have been working on becoming skinnier. I made myself stick to my New Years resolution to lose weight this year. I set a goal to lose 60 lbs this year. (Or to lose 10 lbs and keep it off, whichever happened first.)


So far since January 1st, I've lost a total of 34 lbs and around 20 total inches from my body. It's odd really, since I still feel like the same person I was when I was heavier. I see a few things that I'm not fond of here and there, but over all, am pleased with the overall me. My belief is that you don't have to be perfect to be beautiful. I don't have to be the 121-135 lbs that my height (5'3") dictates I should be to be beautiful. Beauty is only skin deep and in the eye of the beholder. Inner beauty far outshines, and it lasts forever; where as your apperance can change on a momments notice (or with french fries...) While I am dieting and exercising everyday, I'm not going to be dissappointed with myself if I don' t lose another pound. I'll be happy that I made a decision to be healthier and stuck with it.







1 comment:

Kathy said...

You have a beautiful spirit and smile. Truly you are amazing!
sos