Thursday, August 9, 2007

Photography

My dream job would be to become a photographer. To take pictures and sell them. But since duty calls and I have bills to pay, I must relegate my photography for a hobby. I have sold some of my photos as post cards, greeting cards, and prints. Some have been used as displays in local stores and one was even used for a book cover. It doesn't generate any sizable income, but its enough to keep me in batteries for the camera.

I like to take pictures of any and everything. From the bug on the sidewalk to my niece Leah. (The poor child has been photographed every waking moment of her life..and even some while shes asleep.) I recently purchased a new camera that I'm very excited about. Not that there was anything wrong with the one I had, this one is just better. I am now the proud owner of a Kodak EasyShare® Z712 Digital Camera. It has 7.1 megapixels, 12x optical/4.2x advanced digital zoom, & Optical image stabilization. Just in time for the Red Wings training camp next month. It's my 35 lbs weight loss prize and the last of the bonus I got from work. (The more weight I lose, the bigger the prize.) And, to make it all the more exciting, the camera came with a FREE photo printer.

I had a crappy crappy day today. I can't tell you how happy I am that tomorrow is Friday. I usually try to find one good thing about every day. Even if I have to make it up; like the good part of my day was that I didn't drop my toothbrush in the toilet this morning. Finding something good about today has been difficult. So, I decided that the good thing that happened in my life today was that my new camera is in. All I have to do is go pick it up tomorrow. Watch out world... that blinding flash in your eye is me.

See ya'll tomorrow,
-Me

No comments: