Thursday, August 30, 2007

Mega Millions Mania!


By this time tomorrow, you could be reading the blog of a millionaire. If all goes as planned (or at least as well as hoped,) I'll be one of the winners of the latest greatest Mega Millions winners. The jackpot for this drawing is 330 Million. (That's a heck of a lot of zeros!)

Normally, I don't invest alot of $ into these drawings. Especially since there are 12 states involved with the drawing. Each with their own crop of people entering. Besides, I'm never lucky when I try. It's always random. But, stranger things have happened in my life. Who'd have ever thought that I'd win an all inclusive trip for 4 to Club Med, in Florida just for drinking Diet Coke. That was a multi state drawing as well. Heck, I won a Logo wear shirt from a drawing at work today. So, I stuck to my "You can't win if you don't enter" theology. I bought $3 worth of tickets. (Random numbers of course.)

Everyone in the rehab department where I work gave $3. Well, 1 0r 2 people in my department didn't enter, but that's just because they weren't working today. Now we have our 60 entries ready and waiting to be selected as the winning numbers. So, this Friday night at 11:00 p.m., we will all be glued to the TV for the drawing. Marking the numbers that are drawn like insane bingo players. Can you imagine if we did win though. LOL, the hospital would be looking for an entire new rehab staff. (Except for those who didn't get in on the tickets since they weren't working today. Look what that day off would cost them.) If we took the lump sum and divided it among the 20 of us that entered, then we'd all get about 9 million each.

I could do alot with that much $. First I'd pay off all my bills. Then I'd buy myself a new car and new wardrobe. After that I'd make sure that my family was taken care of. New everything for my parents and siblings. College educations for my nieces (and future nieces and nephews.) Then I'd donate some to some charities I support. I'd invest some and see how well I could do on the stock market. And maybe I'd get a pony... I've always wanted a pony! Now watch, We'll end up winning something like $5-20 and it will have cost us more to enter than it pays out. Oh well, life is short enjoy it while you can.

Well gang, I'm of to shower and go to bed early tonight. (Since I'm going to be up late tomorrow winning my millions.) My sunburn is a bit better today. I'm now more medium rare than raw. I found this AWESOME lotion that I'm putting on every couple hours. It's called Aloe Vesta. It's really taken the bite out of the burn. And hopefully with the moisturizer in it, it will keep me from peeling. See yall tomorrow.

No comments: