Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Extra Crispy!



We've all done it... Spent a little too much time in the sun and fried the crap out of ourselves. Then we shuffle around all red/pink like a freshly boiled lobster slathered in aloe. We pray that we don't run into that friend who must give you a pat on the back or a big bear hung. We cringe at the very thought of having to wear clothes.

Well, guess what I did today. :) That's it... we have a winner. I am sunburned from head to feet. (I at least kept the most sensitive areas covered, thank God!) My nose could rival Rudolph's. Soon I'll take another cool bath and re slather myself in burn cream. Then I'll pop a pain pill or 2 and go whimper in a corner.

What's sad is that I did this on purpose. I didn't mean to get so burned, but just wanted to start getting my body ready for my upcoming vacation. In which I'll be spending multiple hours out in the sun. I was hoping to build my skin's sun tolerance up by spending a few minutes a day in a tanning booth. See, I have what some doctors have call Photosensitivity (sun allergy.) It's mostly due to some meds that I take on a daily basis. I went to a new tanning salon today, and they must have just replaced their bulbs. Normally, I don't get this burned from it.

Believe it or not, this is a good thing. (Remind me I said that later!) I'd rather "suffer" now then when I'm on vacation hanging around with my friends and hopefully some good looking men. I don't want to the the ghostly white person in all of the pictures that I know are going to be taken. (I can see it now... "Insert Red Wings player's name here, seen here with ghostly apparition ... News at 11.")

Well gang, time to go mix up another baking soda bath to soothe this sunburned beast. See yall next time.

Love always, Joelle (Aka: Extra Crispy!)

No comments: